About the drug
Aquavit-D3®- an aqueous solution of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol 500 IU in 1 drop). Vitamin D3 plays an important role in the regulation of many physiological processes. First of all, it is the regulation of phosphorus-calcium metabolism and the prevention of rickets of newborns. However, in recent years, the role of vitamin D in metabolism is being revised. D-hypovitaminosis is a risk factor for the occurrence or worsening of a number of diseases such as: tuberculosis, rheumatoid arthritis, arterial hypertension, malignant diseases, diabetes mellitus, muscular dysfunctions, respiratory pathologies, disorders of reproductive health, etc. AKVAVIT D3®, due to unique micellar water-soluble formula provides a better absorption and a more pronounced effect, especially in premature babies and children with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
When needed Aquavit-D3
Support cell growth and cell renewal
Osteoporosis treatment support
Prevention of vitamin D deficiency in high-risk groups
Prevention of rickets in children
Strengthening the immune system
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
- Do not use for the treatment of children up to 4 weeks due to the possible appearance of hypersensitivity to benzyl alcohol.
- Hypervitaminosis D, elevated levels of calcium in the blood and urine, urolithiasis, sarcoidosis, renal failure, nephrolithiasis.
Adverse reactions, as a rule, are not observed when using the drug in the recommended doses.
On the part of the digestive tract: loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth.
From the nervous system: headache, mental disorder, depression.
On the part of the urinary system: increased levels of calcium in the blood and urine, urolithiasis and tissue calcification, polyuria.
On the part of the skin: allergic reactions, including urticaria, rash, itching.
From the musculoskeletal system: muscular and joint pain.
Other effects: weight loss.
Dosing and Administration
1 ml = 30 drops.
- 1 drop contains about 500 IU of cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
- In order to accurately measure the dose of the drug, it is necessary to keep the vial at an angle of 45° during the dripping.
Infants give drops in a spoonful of milk or cereal. Older children and adults take the drug with a spoonful of water. The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor.
Prevention of rickets:
- The usual dose for the prevention of rickets in term infants aged from 4 weeks to 1 year with proper care and sufficient exposure to sunlight is 1 drop (about 500 IU of vitamin D3) per day,
- premature - 2 drops (about 1000 IU of vitamin D3) per day.
- premature - 2 drops (about 1000 IU of vitamin D3) per day. - In sunny summer, you can limit the dose to 1 drop (about 500 IU of vitamin D3) per day. During the second or third year of life, it may be necessary to further prescribe vitamin D3, especially in winter.
Treatment of rickets:
- When treating rickets and osteomalacia, the dose is 2-10 drops (about 1000 - 5000 IU of vitamin D3) per day. The course of treatment is 1 year.
- With osteoporosis maintenance therapy, the dose is 2-6 drops (about 1000 - 3000 IU of vitamin D3) per day.
- Prevention of vitamin D deficiency in high-risk groups - 1-2 drops (about 500 - 1000 IU of vitamin D3) per day.
- Prevention of malabsorption - 6-10 drops (about 3000 - 5000 IU of vitamin D3) per day.
- When using doses over 1000 IU of vitamin D3 per day, as well as with long-term use of the drug, you should control the level of calcium in the blood serum.